3 Fresh Mike Sebastian Bay Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Not quite, mates. You`re forgetting the Pub pipe. ;)
And the House Pipe. But who's counting amongst friends?

It takes hunting and patience, but you can find a pub or house pipe for under $200. I'm still waiting to smoke my house pipe, so maybe the weather will break this weekend.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I'll have to give credit where it's due...

I smoked two bowls of WCC Glass Slipper earlier this evening in the Peterson System Spigot. The tobacco column burned evenly in the chamber all the way down to the floor. Required a couple of relights, but that was more due to me setting the pipe down for several minutes.

I dried the tobacco slightly under a desk lamp prior to smoking it. Packed it in on the slightly loose side. Enjoyable smoke with no issues.

The smoke was dry and the well was moist inside after each bowl. Probably a drop or two of moisture in there.

I'm very pleased with the pipe.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
So, I was digging through the Pete shelf looking for something and discovered this:

View attachment 204053

307 Spigot System Smooth from several years ago, before everything was stained turd brown…

Never even smoked it, still got old tagger on it.
View attachment 204054
Beautiful pipe ! Petes with a finish like that are in the $300+ range now... why is that ? Why does everything have to be 'turd brown' as you describe or black ? Is it a cost thing ? Are sandblast that much more popular ? Or is it to hide lesser quality briar ? I wonder ...