PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Donb1972

Can't Leave
Feb 9, 2022
Erie, PA
Hi, All!

I have a Peterson System Pipe, an XL315. It's still fairly new(3 months or so). Unfortunately, the silver cap has come off. Smokingpipes.com told me they don't know what adhesive is used, and that Peterson probably wouldn't tell me, so they offered to take a look and see if it is a manufacturer defect and they'd replace it

However, I don't really want to go that route. It's stupid, maybe, but I like this one. I don't want a new one. Anyway, I digress...

Can someone recommend an adhesive that I could use to fix it myself? I am also thinking about just leaving it. It's not broken, and won't fall off while I'm smoking, so it will still serve the purpose it was intended to serve. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

• Sad
Reactions: JOHN72

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
contact Peterson. And ask tactfully. Don't ask them what they use ask them if there is anything they would recommend you can do to fix it. Leave the plausible deniability. That would be my first step. Second step is what you're doing and third would be go to a pipe maker forum and ask if anyone there has advice for you.

Reactions: Donb1972

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Gorilla wood glue works just fine. After the last winter one of the sterling band fell off one of my Peterson. Went light on the glue, and no issues so far.

Reactions: Donb1972