PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
No idea on how to date it really, but it’s stamped “Made in the Republic of Ireland” so that puts it somewhere between 1949 and 1970 or so if I read the Pipedia article correctly.

Any information about it would be greatly appreciated. Seems a nice little pipe and perfect for a pocket. It’s small but the chamber is full sized. Might fit a wind cap and make it my out and about pipe.

Reactions: danimalia

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
No idea on how to date it really, but it’s stamped “Made in the Republic of Ireland” so that puts it somewhere between 1949 and 1970 or so if I read the Pipedia article correctly.

Any information about it would be greatly appreciated. Seems a nice little pipe and perfect for a pocket. It’s small but the chamber is full sized. Might fit a wind cap and make it my out and about pipe.
I believe they are from the late 50's to 1960s.. often the P-lip stem is too small to really be usable.

Reactions: danimalia

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
It was a very simple and straightforward cleanup. Used but not abused. The stem was oxidized but not horrible and the chamber required just a tiny bit of reaming. A bit of elbow grease and a pleasant hour or so was all it took. ?

Reactions: BROBS

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
how does it smoke?!
It smokes pretty well and so far I don’t have any complaints about the P-lip even though it will take some getting used to. I was concerned it might be hot just because of the size but so far nothing out of line so long as I’m not puffing like a locomotive. I’m thinking about a wind cap for outside smoking because if it did catch a breeze I could see it heating up pretty darn fast.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Yea,what’s with all the system pipes lately with acrylic, even the deluxe. Heretical! I passed on a couple because of it :)
the new acrylic stems are actually great. They have an oldschool shape rather than the rounded shit buttons on the most recent vulcanite iterations. At first I didn't like them but they are great in shape and feel, never oxidize, and you'd have to be a wolf to leave a toothmark.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
oh I bet that one is great! probably a nice flat bite area.
I'm talking in general about the newest vulcanite p-lips within the past 20 years.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
This is my first time with a P-lip pipe. I’ve got a Peterson meer bulldog that’s fairly old getting refurbished but haven’t smoked it yet. Junk shop find that needed a hole in the stem repaired. That was going to be my test case but this one slid in front of it. I would guess it also has the vulcanite stem but somebody who knows what they’re talking about would have to confirm. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.