PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I personally would not buy a Pete for at least another 1.5-2 years.Smoking pipes bought them out and it is going to take a good amount of time to get rid of all the crap pipes and then introduce all the great pipes they will make.

Reactions: danimalia

Jshogan2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2019
SC
True story... I just bought one. It should arrive this Wednesday or Thursday. I'll report back.

I will say that I had reservations about Petes from several negative experiences over the last decade, but in the last year I have picked up four new production pieces, and they have all been spot on perfect in engineering, shaping, & finish. My luck is nowhere near that good... I think the quality has improved greatly over the last 1-2 years from what I can tell.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I just bought a Newgrange Spigot 107 over the past weekend. So, I'm kind of in love with the way it looks, but can't offer any specifics in terms of smoking characteristics. I have one other Peterson, an entry-level Shannon 150. It took a bit longer than some, but not all, of my pipes to break in, but is now one of my best smokers. There are some horror stories here from members who have had bad experiences with Petersons, but there are also many dedicated fans. I felt comfortable taking the leap based on my good experience, and the fact that the pipe was on sale. But I'm also going to give it a good once over when it arrives and I'm prepared to drop it like a bad habit if it doesn't work out for me.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I’ve had run of the mill Peterson’s that smoke flawlessly, and high end ones that smoke wet and have construction flaws... they’re all a bit of a gamble. I still like their pipes, though. Spigots seem to do pretty well, and the one I have smokes fine. As long as it’s in good enough condition for your standards and the price is one you’re comfortable paying, I say go for it.

I got this 120 used (beat to hell), solely because the price was too good to pass up. It’s rough but the draw is pretty wide open and it smokes just fine, though I rarely reach for it these days.
CF781224-AB30-47C1-AE76-D7076720485C.jpeg

Hunter dave

Might Stick Around
Feb 22, 2020
Dillsboro indiana
I’ve had run of the mill Peterson’s that smoke flawlessly, and high end ones that smoke wet and have construction flaws... they’re all a bit of a gamble. I still like their pipes, though. Spigots seem to do pretty well, and the one I have smokes fine. As long as it’s in good enough condition for your standards and the price is one you’re comfortable paying, I say go for it.

I got this 120 used (beat to hell), solely because the price was too good to pass up. It’s rough but the draw is pretty wide open and it smokes just fine, though I rarely reach for it these days.
View attachment 20657
Thanks for your advice

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
I have owned but 2 spigots, a 106 red and a 68 green.

Both great smokers with no issues. If I were in the market for another, I would not hesitate.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.