PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Anyone have copies of these? I have all of them, but I put one away somewhere special so I wouldn’t lose it.....it’s the issue about Charles Peterson’s pipe.
Ive been going to get one made for years, and was thinking about it recently, and now I can’t find the damned thing.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
I can only find Vol. 5 (2005) of my Guild magazines. It has a two page spread about the issuing of the 140th. Anniversary Pipe, a replica of Charles' pipe. The pipe was issued in 2005. You might be able to find one in the estate market. Smoking Pipes had a couple listed over the past few years.
Here's a copy of page 13 of my magazine:

Charles Peterson's pipe.jpg

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I can only find Vol. 5 (2005) of my Guild magazines. It has a two page spread about the issuing of the 140th. Anniversary Pipe, a replica of Charles' pipe. The pipe was issued in 2005. You might be able to find one in the estate market. Smoking Pipes had a couple listed over the past few years.
Here's a copy of page 13 of my magazine:

View attachment 80142
God bless you Dino, that’s the one!

Thanks much.

PeterPipersPizza

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2021
Fresno, CA
I had no idea Peterson published this material on pipe smoking. Please tell me someone has copies of the entire collection of these Smokers Guild magazines. I will start my hunt on ebay for hardcopies. You learn something new here everyday. Love it.

Reactions: KaunThePiper

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I had no idea Peterson published this material on pipe smoking. Please tell me someone has copies of the entire collection of these Smokers Guild magazines. I will start my hunt on ebay for hardcopies. You learn something new here everyday. Love it.
Yeah, it was alway nice to find a Peterson Guild magazine in the mail box! Even Dunhill had their Fellowship of the White Spot publication for awhile.
I didn't know. Where do I sign up?
You Can’t. It’s long gone with EU smoking regs.
I believe this is when Peterson didn't soak the interior of the bowl and chamber with stain... ahem.
I’d guess they were dip staining then. It was the Tom Palmer era.