PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

MikeDub

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2022
SoCal
Excellent collection ashdigger! My only Made in England Pete is a 1309 system made for the Canadian market. It has the circular stamp - I have t seen this one before. Thanks for sharing!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I too am interested in the history of these pipes. Why would Peterson outsource to England? English-Irish relations have been pretty turbulent in history, so it does make me wonder. It's like Genod in France farming out a pipe series to Italy. Why would they do that?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I too am interested in the history of these pipes. Why would Peterson outsource to England? English-Irish relations have been pretty turbulent in history, so it does make me wonder. It's like Genod in France farming out a pipe series to Italy. Why would they do that?
profit probably. Also I am sure many of their pipes where sold in England so.....

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Had a shop in London from 1895 until around 1960. Still made them in Ireland during that time.

Erehwesle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2020
Sylva, NC
I really want a Peterson army style pipe.

Obviously the metal on the stem let’s you take the stem out hot and clean it.

Without cracking.