PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Thanks for coming in to clarify, thesillyoldbear. I'm definitely curious how this will play out and how much change is going to be involved. Looking forward to an ownership that may care about digging into old catalogs and bringing some things back. Maybe. It will be fun to keep an eye on no matter what.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
...thank you 'oldbear. I have fond memories of Trinity College, The Book of Kells in that ancient balconied library and the 150th birthday of Oscar Wilde, etc. I was on a pipe hiatus at the time, so I missed the Peterson store, but will certainly track it down should I get back. (Finding the gate in the wall at Trinity requires some hiking for the wandering tourist!)

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thanks, it looks like my reading comprehension was on holiday this morning. It's quite clear that it was the tobacco operation that STG acquired.
Can't wait to get back to Dublin and see how the store is changing, though I bet not drastically.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Whether some tweaking of manufacture and introduction of new shapes/lines occur, would hope that some of the stalwart lines continue such as the Sherlock Holmes and associated Kinsale lines as well as the system pipes, both standard and deluxe. Then, of course, they have a # of spigot lines I'd think ought to continue. In general, would hope they continue the Peterson design aesthetic, the thing that makes Peterson Peterson.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
+1 to irishearl. I couldn't agree more.
The Peterson aesthetic, especially the system standard bent shapes are what got me into pipe smoking in the first place.
I also agree wholehartedly that the fact that the company was bought by a pipe organization rather than an investor outside will hopefully mean the continuation of traditional pipes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Congratulations to Kevin are in order for having a Forums sponsor who has now also attained a major pipe maker in their business. This elevates this already auspicious site up another rung, not to mention its estimable members.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This thread is also my cue to say ... I bought most of my Peterson pipes six or eight years ago, one P-lip and the rest fishtail, at lower and mid-price levels. They have all smoked well right out of the sock, and I have never had any quality control issues. To me, as for many, the Peterson designs, sturdy and plucky looking, are just about irresistible. Under this new ownership, I would expect the Peterson/pipe smoker love fest to continue. I am absolutely happy with each and every one of mine. End commercial break.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
mso, now that there is no longer a forum specific to Peterson pipe fans, all the more reason for us Pete fans to congregate here and spew our love for their designs. :puffy:

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I am optimistic about this. I really respect Laudisi. I think they will manage Peterson very well.
I have a LOT of Petes. Never had one, new or old, that smoked badly.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
"At least this way, it is now owned by pipe smoking folks. " -- Not a P fan, but not a hater either, by ANY means. Totally agree, Michael; this has marks of being a Good Thing.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Are the Peterson pipes now solely made in Ireland or do they just finish the pipes there?

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
As an owner of several Peterson pipes I can't wait to purchase another. As someone before me stated "I have never had one that smoked badly". I welcome the change. :clap:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Based on some of the new lines this year, I suspect Laudisi was already starting to steer the ship.
Mark Irwin blogged about it today as well:

https://petersonpipenotes.wordpress.com/2018/07/20/99-peterson-acquired-by-laudisi-enterprises/

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I am optimistic about this. I really respect Laudisi. I think they will manage Peterson very well.
Nice to see it land in the hands of "Pipe People" who have a passion for the product!... :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.