PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW

kilroyjune6

Might Stick Around
Dec 25, 2016
Just got my copies of both today. I was really happy to see the big book back in print. I put off buying a copy the first time around, and by the time I decided to take the plunge, it was sold out everywhere. My favorite aspect of the catalog so far is that the pipes are pictured actual size.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Just got my copies of both today. I was really happy to see the big book back in print. I put off buying a copy the first time around, and by the time I decided to take the plunge, it was sold out everywhere. My favorite aspect of the catalog so far is that the pipes are pictured actual size.
Do you like the catalog reprint? I don't know much about that one, or what's in it.

Reactions: BROBS

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Enablers! Was just going to order the book, but the pricing of both (surprise!) triggered free shipping so what the heck — should have them in time for reading next weekend.

Reactions: ofafeather

kilroyjune6

Might Stick Around
Dec 25, 2016
Do you like the catalog reprint? I don't know much about that one, or what's in it.
I've only skimmed through it so far, so I can't say much about it. There are a lot of ads for different tobacco companies, authorized K&P retailers, etc. Testimonials from happy customers, apologies from retailers selling imitations as the real thing, instructions on how to get the most out of your System pipe, and of course a listing of the shapes available. The actual catalog part is interesting, but not as readable as a Dunhill catalog. I think the commentary at the end will make up for that, but I haven't read it yet.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Mine just arrived - as George would say, "It's everything it should be . . . and more!"

Wasn't sure what to expect but very impressed with the book.

The catalog thing? It got me to free shipping, lol, so I'm glad it was "discounted" - it's okay, but wish I'd just added some tobacco to the order.

Reactions: romaso and scloyd

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I ordered the Peterson Pipe book this morning. I also order some cigars (a little gift) for my son to hit the free shipping. Looking forward to reading it.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
My hardcover version is more rare.
And probably a little easier to handle - it's a little unwieldy as a paperback, lol, but nobody should be deterred from buying it for that reason, it's really cool. USPS won't be able to fold it, either, SP packs it with great care in a nice, safe box.

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
And probably a little easier to handle - it's a little unwieldy as a paperback, lol, but nobody should be deterred from buying it for that reason, it's really cool. USPS won't be able to fold it, either, SP packs it with great care in a nice, safe box.
But think of all the space you’re saving without that thick cover

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeLinus