PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MikeDub

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2022
SoCal
Does anyone know where to get a new stem for a Peterson System pipe? I’ve had Rich at Briarville make them in the past but he’s been out of stock for awhile. I’ve got a vintage Pete that needs it.

MikeDub

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2022
SoCal
Thanks ashdigger. I was hoping to find somebody in the States to do it but if I have to send it to the factory that’s what I’ll do

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
To add, I've heard the replacement stems from SPC may not be an exact fit. It's best to get on the phone for clarification.

Also, I've heard the cost to send a pipe to Peterson is around $45 plus shipping for another stem.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
SPC can actually cut the stem for Peterson. But, they won't put "P" on the stem. Not sure why. Had long talk about that will a very polite young lady. I think Peterson factory will do all that, but they always sound so reluctant. Always say "it will cost." I mean, I know it will cost money for a new stem along with shipping oversea.

MikeDub

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2022
SoCal
To add, I've heard the replacement stems from SPC may not be an exact fit. It's best to get on the phone for clarification.

Also, I've heard the cost to send a pipe to Peterson is around $45 plus shipping for another stem.

Thank you for the info and thread. It’s an unsmoked Connemara 307 and the hole at the button is so small a cleaner won’t really fit and the draw is no good as a result. Normally I’d sell it and move on but this one is a solid 20 grams lighter than my other 3 and if I can get the right stem I think it would be one of my favorite Petes.

SP gave me a contact for a guy in Idaho and fingers crossed he can he create one for me. The base of the stem is significantly wider than any of my other Petes

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
SPC can actually cut the stem for Peterson. But, they won't put "P" on the stem. Not sure why. Had long talk about that will a very polite young lady. I think Peterson factory will do all that, but they always sound so reluctant. Always say "it will cost." I mean, I know it will cost money for a new stem along with shipping oversea.
Because it's not actually from them they don't want their brand on it. Same with Nissan and the damn key fobs, they actually won't let you get a generic key fob from the dealership and if them program it if you need it for a Z, has to be their Z branded from Nissan fob ($476) instead of the cheap replacement without the Z. Companies protect their brand.

Reactions: bullet08
Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Because it's not actually from them they don't want their brand on it. Same with Nissan and the damn key fobs, they actually won't let you get a generic key fob from the dealership and if them program it if you need it for a Z, has to be their Z branded from Nissan fob ($476) instead of the cheap replacement without the Z. Companies protect their brand.
I think Laudisi owns Peterson

Reactions: bullet08
Feb 7, 2023
There’s a few p-lips in the rough on eBay but they don’t have a P. Is your Peterson System an army mount?

I’m having Briarville put a p-lip on one of my (not Peterson) pipes now. n.n. Starting at $33 bucks on his site.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

MikeDub

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2022
SoCal
There’s a few p-lips in the rough on eBay but they don’t have a P. Is your Peterson System an army mount?

I’m having Briarville put a p-lip on one of my (not Peterson) pipes now. n.n. Starting at $33 bucks on his site.
Last I spoke with him he only had vulcanite p-lip stems. I'm looking for an acrylic p-lip stem. It's an old System pipe

Feb 7, 2023
Oh I see now, yeah all of them are vulcanite darn. Oh well more for me ;)

I like that with a p-lip I can clench with my front teeth without the pipe bouncing around.