Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
I was ordering a Peterson 306 when a flash sale popped up and I was offered half price on a second Peterson of my choice. Unable to control myself i grabbed a Peterson Outdoor Silver Mounted Tankard pocket pipe. Based on it´s, imho, cool looks and that I do most of my smoking on the go which it seemed well suited for. Paid about 45 USD for it and it should arrive in a few days.

Kind of hard to find anything about the outdoor series except for some general info on petersonpipenotes.com.
Was wondering if anybody has experienced the Outdoor series and if so how your experience with it was and what you think about it?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I heard they smoke hotter than hades but they are all shortened classic shapes.

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
Thought I would do a small update now that I have received the pipe and smoked my first bowl in it.

The good: Decent sized bowl, about the same size as my Nording Compass. Great smoker. Smokes cooler than expected, warmer than my system standard pipes but not "hot".

The bad: Lots if stain in the bowl, tried to wipe the worst off before smoking. The stem is off center by about 1mm.

Verdict: Very happy with it at the price I paid, 45USD, smokes good and imho looks cool. If I had paid full retail of 120USD I would have been a bit disappointed with fit and Finnish.

A few pics, other pipes included for showing of size.
20200202_152347.jpg
20200202_152440.jpg
20200201_123838.jpg

Reactions: Bowie
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Thought I would do a small update now that I have received the pipe and smoked my first bowl in it.

The good: Decent sized bowl, about the same size as my Nording Compass. Great smoker. Smokes cooler than expected, warmer than my system standard pipes but not "hot".

The bad: Lots if stain in the bowl, tried to wipe the worst off before smoking. The stem is off center by about 1mm.

Verdict: Very happy with it at the price I paid, 45USD, smokes good and imho looks cool. If I had paid full retail of 120USD I would have been a bit disappointed with fit and Finnish.

A few pics, other pipes included for showing of size.
View attachment 18043
View attachment 18044
View attachment 18045
Can You tell the shape number of that flame grain? Stanwell belove

Status
Not open for further replies.