PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boffosquid

Might Stick Around
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton
Hi all
Just finished a meer beeswaxing session - this is my default meer I picked up locally at a junktique shop for very nice price - it was tucked into a glass cabinet amongst costume jewellery and small multicoloured tat. Its an Model 80s and it smokes wonderfully - and its colouring up nicely as well. The factory fumee rim finish really kicks the contrast into high gear!
img_20190216_084349-600x449.jpg

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
i think earlier meers were Tanganikan meer the bowls actually made buy Laxey pipes in the Isle of Man and finished in Ireland and the later Sherlock Holmes series were Turkish meer

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm so jealous of good junktique finds. For some reason, my region does not supply estate pipes to these sellers. I think the cigarette factories hereabouts were so prevalent that the pipe trade was suppressed. As I've described too many times before, asking about tobacco pipes just irks people running shops, yard sales, flea markets, etc. That's a wonderful pipe to find at a junktique price.

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
Nice! Love the African stuff in classic shapes with a smooth finish. Been paring down but still have a good handfull of them here. This Peterson sees daily use.
20190408_212318-jpg.36167

Status
Not open for further replies.