Peterson Model 80s Meerschaum Bulldog

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boffosquid

Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton
Hi all
Just finished a meer beeswaxing session - this is my default meer I picked up locally at a junktique shop for very nice price - it was tucked into a glass cabinet amongst costume jewellery and small multicoloured tat. Its an Model 80s and it smokes wonderfully - and its colouring up nicely as well. The factory fumee rim finish really kicks the contrast into high gear!

paulfg

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
i think earlier meers were Tanganikan meer the bowls actually made buy Laxey pipes in the Isle of Man and finished in Ireland and the later Sherlock Holmes series were Turkish meer

cortezattic

Preferred Member
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
IMO, the 80s is the most comfortable shape ever created ...and to think, you've got it in meerschaum! Splendid! :clap:

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
I'm so jealous of good junktique finds. For some reason, my region does not supply estate pipes to these sellers. I think the cigarette factories hereabouts were so prevalent that the pipe trade was suppressed. As I've described too many times before, asking about tobacco pipes just irks people running shops, yard sales, flea markets, etc. That's a wonderful pipe to find at a junktique price.

theloniousmonkfish

Preferred Member
Jan 1, 2017
Nice! Love the African stuff in classic shapes with a smooth finish. Been paring down but still have a good handfull of them here. This Peterson sees daily use.

Status
Not open for further replies.