Peterson Kinsale XL12, XL17 or Alternative?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
So to celebrate my wife's recent completion of her masters and job offers as well as making it through three years on a single income household I think its time for a new pipe! I really like the Peterson Sherlock Holmes Watson shape, but it is hard to find and a little pricey. I found an alternative in the Peterson Kinsale XL12 or the XL17. My question is which one?? I kind of like the flow of the XL12, but I have never had an Oom Paul, which is kind of what the XL17 is. What are your opinions/experiences? I would also be open to the same shape in a different brand like Stanwell something of that nature, but I haven't seen anything. Below are links to the Peterson for comparison. Thanks in advance for the help!
XL12 http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=119518
XL17 http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=114798

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Aesthetically, I prefer the XL 12. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
I agree, the aesthetics of the XL12 win out. I just didn't know if there would be difference in the smoke since they are slightly different shapes. The descriptions say the xl12 is a 3/4 bent and the xl17 is full bent. They both look pretty full to me though right?

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
P-lips needs some smoking technics like half inch deeper.

Full bent has pipe cleaners are not get through or hard sometimes.

Pipe and cigar has a sale on Peterson ST.Patty's Day pipes. You could check all style.

kwilliams40

Might Stick Around
Nov 17, 2013
NY
I think the XL17 is longer than the XL12. At least that's how it looks. The bowl shape appears to be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.