PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Sebastopol, CA
Somewhere, in a box long forgotten, I have the first one I ever bought, but I'll be damned if I can find it.
I share this with you. Before I even knew that such a thing was called an "estate pipe" I bought a pipe at an antique shop in Missouri (quite possible Hermann, for those who might care), and from the get-go it was an incredible smoker. 45-minute smokes by someone who didn't really know what he was doing (me!) were the norm. And now that I've returned (again) to smoking, I CANNOT FIND IT. Along with the first pipe I ever bought, which was as bad a smoker as that Mizzou antique one was terrific. (My Zippo lighter likely lies with them, somewhere, too.)

Misery (or Missouri) loves company.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: ksman75 and OzPiper

ksman75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2016
Lancaster, California
I share this with you. Before I even knew that such a thing was called an "estate pipe" I bought a pipe at an antique shop in Missouri (quite possible Hermann, for those who might care), and from the get-go it was an incredible smoker. 45-minute smokes by someone who didn't really know what he was doing (me!) were the norm. And now that I've returned (again) to smoking, I CANNOT FIND IT. Along with the first pipe I ever bought, which was as bad a smoker as that Mizzou antique one was terrific. (My Zippo lighter likely lies with them, somewhere, too.)

Misery (or Missouri) loves company.
It's funny, I've moved twice since I last saw that pipe, but can't find it to save my life. I found 3 others along with my pipe cleaners, but that pipe, the tobacco pouch I had and the Czech tool, all are MIA. Damn gremlins, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: EssJaySea

kilroyjune6

Might Stick Around
Dec 25, 2016
Since you've already placed the order, my two cents are worthless, but I think you made a good choice. I don't have the 80s, but I have five other Irish Armies, and they've become the pipes I reach for most often. They smoke great, and their style suits me.

Reactions: ksman75

ksman75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2016
Lancaster, California
Since you've already placed the order, my two cents are worthless, but I think you made a good choice. I don't have the 80s, but I have five other Irish Armies, and they've become the pipes I reach for most often. They smoke great, and their style suits me.
It's out for delivery today. I'm really looking forward to my first bowl in it.
puffy :sher: ?

ksman75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2016
Lancaster, California
It's out for delivery today. I'm really looking forward to my first bowl in it.
puffy :sher: ?
Ok, I've been procrastinating. My pipe arrived on schedule, on July 29th.

Because of the heat and high winds, I rarely smoke in the evenings, so like a said, I procrastinated and didnt get around to breaking it in until the morning of the 31st.

I had a bowl of Newminster's Superior Round Slices and it smoked like a dream. No buyers remorse. To date it's my most expensive pipe, and I plan on enjoying it for many years to come!

Reactions: bullet08 and STP