Peterson History Lesson (via Mark Irwin)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
http://www.petersonpipenotes.org/2019/04/125-heinrich-kapp-zweite-banane#comment-1492
A history lesson from Mark via his Peterson Pipe Notes blog.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Nice read ... so when is this book coming out? Will it be available on amazon?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
He's planning a release event at the Chicago show. It will be available from Briar Press afterwards, I'm not sure about Amazon.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
That's too bad ... I am not sure how us european folks will be able to buy it if Briar Press won't ship over seas.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
I am not sure how us european folks will be able to buy it if Briar Press won't ship over seas
I'm sure a European based e-tailer/shop will stock it!
Alternatively, remember that this book celebrates the history of Peterson, and that Peterson was bought by Laudisi Enterprises last summer. Laudisi is the parent of Smokingpipes.com. I would be surprised if Smokingpipes.com, which ships internationally, doesn't carry the book for that reason alone. In any case Smokingpipes has carried similar books before (e.g. Neill Archer Roan's Comoy's Blue Riband).

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Alternatively, remember that this book celebrates the history of Peterson, and that Peterson was bought by Laudisi Enterprises last summer. Laudisi is the parent of Smokingpipes.com. I would be surprised if Smokingpipes.com, which ships internationally, doesn't carry the book for that reason alone.
^ This, expect plenty of copies available from them. I think Mark will be at both Chicago and West Coast pipe shows as well.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Anyone who tackles tobacco pipes as a book subject is a brave soul. It's a little like Civil War history. The audience is impossible to please, but they may buy books!

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
smoking pipes.com has the book; but postage to Australia is eye watering! However, I doubt it will be stocked by any of the book sellers who offer free postage to the land down under - it being rather a niche topic. Hope the Europeans have a better deal with the postage.

gnarlybriar

Might Stick Around
Jun 11, 2009
Chesterfield, VA
SmokingPipes.com has the boo11k - or did - as I bought my copy the day it was listed.

Gentlemen (and ladies) - this book is FABULOUS!!! 374 pages, hundreds of pics, lots of lots of history, and insights to not only Peterson, but the pipe making world from the 1800's to present day! The book is approx.11" x 11", and on very high quality paper (it's a hard back with dust jacket). superb graphics, and yes, you'll salivate over lots of the pipes! Even if you haven't tried Peterson pipes, you'll be thinking about it now! I've read at least an hour each night since receiving it (haven't missed a night) and am only 2/3 of the way thru it. You'll be very happy that you got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.