PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Western Caccalack Hinterlands
Just got this Sandblast 9mm Army which I’ve enjoyed. I also figured out that trying to use a Vauen 9mm filter in it is like the proverbial “hot dog down a hallway” as opposed to using the wider diameter Peterson 9mm filters.

Short of rebuying a bunch of
Peterson specific 9mm filters is there anything I can do to use what I have without the Vauen filters moving forward and aft inside the pipe and allowing smoke to bypass the filter? I know 9=9 but the Vauen doesn’t want to stay put.

Thanks for your thoughts! This is my first Peterson and I like it.
AB22A0FF-9987-4A65-9045-DD822E5ABA9D.jpeg

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I actually prefer the 9mm balsa wood filters over the Peterson charcoal canisters. There are several brands available, but I usually use the Savinelli ones as they are available on Smoking Pipes. You can also get a specially made 9mm spacer/reducer insert if you'd like, but I've never bothered with that.

Good luck.

Reactions: OverMountain

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Western Caccalack Hinterlands
I actually prefer the 9mm balsa wood filters over the Peterson charcoal canisters. There are several brands available, but I usually use the Savinelli ones as they are available on Smoking Pipes. You can also get a specially made 9mm spacer/reducer insert if you'd like, but I've never bothered with that.

Good luck.
Never tried the balsa or thought it was an option in a 9mm. Might have to give it a whirl.

Reactions: Streeper541