PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gbelessis

Lurker
May 16, 2020
Dear friends,
i have got a wide collection of pipes but for the first time i purchased an Atlantic series Peterson 221 pipe. Excellent finish and very attractive too. It came with no filter so i modificate it to 9mm at my workshop! the only problem is that is my first pipe with sush a small bowl(221 shape). I would like to ask you, what types of tobacco do you suggest for this little beauty??

Reactions: seanv

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Dear friends,
i have got a wide collection of pipes but for the first time i purchased an Atlantic series Peterson 221 pipe. Excellent finish and very attractive too. It came with no filter so i modificate it to 9mm at my workshop! the only problem is that is my first pipe with sush a small bowl(221 shape). I would like to ask you, what types of tobacco do you suggest for this little beauty??
The chamber is fairly standard size it’s the same as a system 314.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
It's diameter is 18 mm.. The smallest I have is 20.. I think it doesn't smoke proper for some reason!
Whats the problem with it ?
you say you modified it for a filter.you havent caused the draw to be blocked have you. (the end of the filter blocking the draft hole in the stummel)

Last edited:

gbelessis

Lurker
May 16, 2020
Whats the problem with it ?
you say you modified it for a filter.you havent caused the draw to be blocked have you. (the end of the filter blocking the draft hole in the stummel)
The air flow is perfect! I read once that some kinds of tobacco are better to be smoked with smaller bowls

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
The width is around .77” and depth 1.33”.
This is a normal chamber size your other pipes must be big pipes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The cuts that burn somewhat longer include flake, coin, plug and rope. I once took a mini cob to a concert to smoke that tiny bowl of flake outside during the intermission. I had to put it out, and smoke the rest later. Impressive.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
The cuts that burn somewhat longer include flake, coin, plug and rope. I once took a mini cob to a concert to smoke that tiny bowl of flake outside during the intermission. I had to put it out, and smoke the rest later. Impressive.
WE KNOW YOU SMOKED IT INSIDE

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I have a couple 314s and I would describe them as being on the small side of medium but pretty standard. I use mine for VA-based flakes mostly. It's actually a very versatile shape though because everything I've tried in them works well!

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I have a couple 314s and I would describe them as being on the small side of medium but pretty standard. I use mine for VA-based flakes mostly. It's actually a very versatile shape though because everything I've tried in them works well!
They are a smoking machine. It was Paddy Larrigan’s favorite shape! ?

Reactions: danimalia