PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Piping Rooster

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2022
Champa Bay

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the warmth of the copper if it didn't require a lot of maintenance. I like the briar Calabash B10; I own a less exalted version, but it is a nice shape in hand. I like Christmas and other holiday pipes that don't look out of place at other seasons, and these don't to me.

Reactions: Piping Rooster

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The copper may well have a coating to prevent it turning green, as eventually it will possibly decades from now, depending on how the pipe is handled.

One could remove the protective coating (if one) and then artificially speed its way to the great green patina copper develops using a product for same.

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
Is the band fully copper?

The 2018 Peterson Christmas range used copper plated nickel
(if I recall it was something to do with copper possibly getting too hot, in comparison)

For cleaning it, every coupe of months I'll clean it with juice from a lemon to get the original finish back, seems to work fine

Piping Rooster

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2022
Champa Bay
Is the band fully copper?

The 2018 Peterson Christmas range used copper plated nickel
(if I recall it was something to do with copper possibly getting too hot, in comparison)

For cleaning it, every coupe of months I'll clean it with juice from a lemon to get the original finish back, seems to work fine
Copper plated nickel. I'm skeptical of the copper getting too hot as silver is a better conductor of temperature. I believe it's the fact copper gets work hardrned and makes it difficult to shape.

Reactions: gervais