PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I found this little beauty on Ebay last week. I've been looking for one for a while now. This one has been smoked very little and is number 38 of a 1000 made. As you can see its condition is pristine.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Quite nice. Am a Peterson guy and love the XL 21 shape, though, alas, don't own 1 in that shape as yet. Earl

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
Nice grab! I saw that one. A couple of years ago I had that limited edition, although it had a cumberland stem.

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
Beautiful pipe! I love it shape and coloring. Looks stout too.
I have to say I wasn't sure what type of pipe I would like, Bent or Straight.....I found I LOVE them all!

mrwestminster

Lurker
Sep 12, 2016
Beautiful pipe! Love it.
... By the by, this was in the British pipes board... Hopefully no one from the Republic of Ireland notices that. :lol:

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
The XL 21 is a shape that is only produced in very limited numbers and only in the better grades (Except the Kinsale Line). They are hard to come by. The shape is used in the Return of Sherlock Holmes line as the Hudson and has been a St. Patrick's Day pipe on several occasions. The Army mount and Spigot stemmed versions are never around in significant numbers. I've been looking for the Rock of Cashel version for several years and can't find one anywhere. I love the way they smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.