PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I agree with @That Guy .

There has ben a lot of discussion about Stokkebye bulk blends recently. In the short time I've been a member here, I've noticed that frequent discussion of a blend often results in the blend either being out of stock and/or jumping the ranks on SPC's best seller list.

Not only does discussion result in members sampling or restocking blends, nonmembers also access the forum. Hence, sponsoring the site seems to be a decent marketing strategy. Just look at the seemingly increased traffic at site sponsor TinBids.

You don't know who is viewing the forum at any given time. For example, 44 members were signed in to PM when I began this post. 136 guests were also viewing the forum.

It's also why people should always be careful about what is posted on any website.

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
We've had it backordered since February. Its pretty obvious the subsidiaries don't communicate very well at all. I've started to bring in other things to replace it under the theory that, well, feck 'em.

It shouldn't be easier to get Gawith tobaccos than STG. Totally unimpressed with their distribution network.

Reactions: woodsroad
Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I wonder how much their closing of the Georgia facility and exiting manufacture in the US has impacted their distribution here? Just a thought. They closed the Lane facility in Tucker, Georgia about 2 years ago officially.

Reactions: romaso

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
Don't know. The claim is the tobacco is sitting in Georgia while they figure out what to do with it. Who knows if that's true.

General is also in the process of automating its warehouses (its made cigar orders super entertaining and relaxing and not at all a giant mess) which could be part of it.

Either way, half a year is long enough to wait from our end. Empty space must be filled. Orlik is no longer smoked by all shrewd judges.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe it's the oft cited Asian market sidetracking the goods. A tiny percent of the Asian population taking up smoking pipes corners the market in a flash.

Reactions: AppalachianPipe92

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Peter Stokkebye’s ‘Irish Slices’…..that was the one. When they stopped making that It was the end of PS for me.