PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
I tried this sweet delight for the first time, and really enjoyed it. Considering smoking this after each and every meal to replace dessert! But I do have a question. With all new tobaccos I smoke, I usually try it in my clay before giving it a go in any of my briars. Question is, for all of you who smoke Nougat, does it leave very much of an after burn in your bowls? I am worried about ghosting all of my pipes with a sweetness that I might not always want when smoking other VA's. Opinions?
Shutterbug

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
P.S. Nougat is a nice smoke and you can get it in bulk on the cheap.

I haven't noticed it ghosting my pipes.

I think if you smoke quite a bit of it in the same pipe it will leave a ghost.

You can always dedicate a pipe to it if you intend to smoke it quite often.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I used to smoke a lot of the PS Nougat and never had any problems with lingering ghosts.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I smoked 2 oz of this awhile back and had almost no ghosting (a little in one of my newer pipes, but it went away very quikly).
However, I smoke a lot of Latakia, so that helped prevent ghosting for sure.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I starting smoking Nougat decades ago as Tinder Box North Sea, and I have some in my rotation now.

I really can't comment on the ghosting question, since I'm one of those pipe smokers who doesn't react

to some mixing of past blends with the current smoke, don't notice it, rather enjoy it. But if you are

sensitive, by all means designate.

Status
Not open for further replies.