PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
Does PS LNF have burley in it? It's always categorized as a Virginia Perique blend but I could swear I can taste some burley in there.

Ryan

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2021
Noblesville Indiana USA
When I wonder this kind of thing, I think it is good to check the Jim Inks review of it, that man can pick out and identify all the individual flavors.

Personally I don’t taste burley in it, but I’m not terrific at pinpointing every little flavor.

Reactions: Ebarber

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
sometimes the virginia in this one is slightly earthy to me. Maybe that is what you are tasting. I notice the perique occasionally but far in the background yet noticeable enough to be pleasant. I really like this blend as a set it and forget it smoke.

Reactions: Ebarber and Ryan

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
Makes sense that it would. At at $50/lb., I can't think of a single reason not to squirrel some away for the future.

And unlike with OGS, I can actually taste the perique! Who'd have thought? puffy

It's a hard one to beat! LBF is a great one too. I have a ton of both in the cellar. I had a friend buy an old plastic bag of LBF at the Columbus pipe show last August. The bag looked pretty old and I was skeptical. Man! It was magnificent. I'm glad I have a bunch of it stored away also.

• Love
Reactions: Servant King

Buffalo

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2022
Central Nebraska
I get what you are saying about the nutty and earthy flavor. Every once in a while, I get the same and not just from LNF, but from other virginia blends as well. It hit me this morning as I was having a bowl of last year's Rouxgaroux and the flavor profile went from bready and tangy to more earthy, like university flake, but a puff or two later and it was back to a vaper taste profile.