Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
Here
Get it while you can.
(If you like that sort of thing, that is. I happen to think it's delicious.)

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
Thanks for the heads-up jbbaldwin :) As a fan of DFK blends, I've been wanting to try this one for a while now. Hope I like because I bought the limit due to it generally being unavailable.

jbbaldwin

Aug 1, 2012
Let us know what you think of it - there are several fans on the forums.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
I hoped to like this stuff but don't care for the anise flavor. They are some very interesting looking flakes though.

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Thanks for the heads up! Snagged a tin and I'm looking forward to trying it. Seems like it's always out of stock.

jbbaldwin

Aug 1, 2012
I hoped to like this stuff but don't care for the anise flavor.
Yes - it bears mentioning that this flake has a noticeable anise flavor. I don't think it's overpowering, but then again, I love black licorice, Pernod, and absinthe!

May 31, 2012
I've been tempted to try this, but I've read its quite mild in strength.
I love the way it looks though,

the racing stripe is too cool!

:)

images

mrjerke gave it a good review...hmmmm, I'm starting to change my mind! Maybe I'll try it after all!

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/peter-heinrichs-dark-strong-flake-1

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Never heard of this blend and it sounds somewhat interesting, but I think I'll pass.

pipesinperu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2014
Sounds up my alley, and I was considering it when placing my TAD/PAD order yesterday, but $25 is too steep for me to see if I like a blend, even if you do get 200g for that price.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
Well I received my order of this blend today. I started to do a big write-up on my thoughts, but the truth is pipestud did a review on tobaccoreviews.com that pretty much sums this one up for me. Sad thing is, I really like the taste of this blend and would love to continue smoking it. What pisses me off is that this is marketed as a non-aromatic which most definitely isn't the case. The aro element is mild but certainly there, I have a nice little headache that attests to the fact :(
Also don't like the tin this blend comes in. I was expecting a "paint can" style of tin but guess they have done away with that feature. This was a can but with a plastic top and a thin foil seal. Not a ringed pop-top like C&D, Pease, McClelland, etc. use but more the consistency of Reynolds heavy duty foil. Any gassing this blend does as it ages is going to blow right through the seal on these tins. I wouldn't age this stuff in the original packaging.
Oh well, mark this one off my list. On to the next DFK blend that I haven't tried yet. Very disappointed this stuff is topped, had I known I wouldn't have bought it. But, if you like aromatics, this stuff has a really unusual and not at all unpleasant taste. My body chemistry just won't let me smoke it.

Status
Not open for further replies.