PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Smoke dog

Lurker
Sep 21, 2021
In the dog house
So I love love LOVE the 2 other offerings (dark strong, and curly block) I have exp w. So I bought blend number thirty as it sounded interesting.
Here is the smoking pipes description

"Peter Heinrichs' #30 is an English blend of Virginias, Cavendish, and Burley, with Latakia added to enhance the overall flavor, but not overwhelm. As such, it achieves a round, full flavor for sophisticated pipe smokers, offering a pleasant, classical "tobacco shop" aroma."

The tin also says it has an added aroma of walnut. I can taste it, but can't smell it from the tin note.

Now considering the ingredients this should be a cool smoke, but for some reason it destroys my poor tongue. I'm not a noob, been puffing a pipe for 10 years, but no matter what this stuff kills me. I've tried drying it some more (came at a perfect moist ness)
Tried hydrating it some more.
Tried all types of pipes and loading methods (air pocket method kinda worked) but cant seem to smoke it properly.

Any body here have a similar exp w this or any other blend?

I guess I'm saving that tin till Im allowed to trade it here. But if a person or 2 asked nicely I'd send a sample to him or her.