PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
I've had Vapers fresh and aged and love them both, but in different ways. Aged perique has a plum or stewed fruit taste and loses a lot of its spice, while fresh perique punches you in the face with a pepper blast. Like I said I enjoy them both but slightly prefer the aged better. Blends that are loaded with it are sublime with age as I can't get enough of that plummy flavor. To my taste Vapers change the most out of any category of tobacco....and for the better! I love me some aged Vapers!! You?

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
I've had three bowls of GLP Cairo today which i forgot i had in my cabinet. Its probably been open for close to 6 months now and it has dried a fair ammount, but it has aged incredibly well. When i first tried it it was good and spicy but now i get a wonderful fruity note. I liken the spice that is left over to the cinnamon type spice in a good apple pie. Just enough to let you know its there but wonderfully mellow. I'm loving it. I know Cairo is an Oriental forward blend but the Perique in it is so well placed that i can't help but love it. I've got some L.J.Peretti London Flake just stewing away ready for the perfect day...i found it a tad strong fresh but i know its going to turn out well with some time on it.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I also love aged and fresh vapers and find they do change quite a bit with serious age. I have also found that a high quality Virginia flake also changes big time after a decade or more.
escioe, if you are not into the pepper blast then you might want to try a tin of Solani 633. I find it to be lighter on the perique when fresh and it has a nice top note of Honey which goes great with the Virginia's and Perique.

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
I need to get on this Solani 633
I love Escudo Aged or Fresh...but definitely let it breath if the pepper is a bit too much OR you're looking for a bit more sweetness

I will smoke perique fresh or aged...

I will smoke it in a box.

And I will smoke it with a fox.

And I will smoke it in a house.

And I will smoke it with a mouse.

And I will smoke it here and there.

Say! I will smoke it ANHYWHERE!
I do so like perique!

Thank you!

Thank you,

ferique that I am. :puffy:

Status