PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
Sometimes it all just works. Anytime I'm travelling I try to find the most prominent local tobacconist and buy a pipe from the trip. Last weekend I moved my son to Houston (note: 897 miles in one day in a U-Haul cube truck with a trailer and a car on it is not the best way to spend a day). Anyway, I digress. I found the Briar Shoppe just a couple miles from my son's new place and stopped in. My favorite shape is the bent rhodesian, and I got a similar feel with this Caminetto pipe, my first Caminetto:

Caminetto.jpg

I haggled a little and got some tobacco thrown in to boot. Of particular interest to me was the Fribourg & Treyer Cut Virginia Plug, which I've never tried, and isn't stocked by anyone in my state.
So after a couple of break-in smokes, the other night I packed it full and lit. Wow - I'm horrible at reviews, but what a spectacular flake. Probably the most perfect moisture level coming out of the tin I've ever smoked. With one match I was on my way. It went out an hour and fifteen minutes later. I relit once, and it was finally done after another 30 minutes. So yes, I got an hour and 45 minutes on one relight. Suffice it to say, both the pipe and the tobacco smoke awesomely!
And I'll always remember the move any time I pick this one up and reminisce for an hour or two.
:puffpipe:

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
Beautiful pipe! I hear F&T CVP is a great blend too, sounds like you found that pipe's blend right off the bat!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Awesome! I love when everything works out like that! I'll have to stop by the Briar Shoppe if I ever find myself in H Town again.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Nice! I have to agree that CVP is pretty good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.