PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
Hey all, I'll be in Boston next month and it wouldn't be a good trip without a stop at the Sam Adams brewery and L.J. Peretti's. So I have read some other threads about Peretti's tobacco selection and have an idea of what I will be trying and possibly buying when I visit. But what I haven't seen is anything about their pipes. I was wondering if they are any good and worth picking one up while there? I know they won't break the bank compared to a dunnie or pete, but if they are worth the $70-100~ then I will treat myself to one along with the tobacco. Anyone have any experience or an opinion?

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Just go look at the Peretti pipes they have mounted on the wall behind the sliding glass doors and choose a shape and size you like. There are several price categories that won't empty your wallet. And if you are buying tobacco just choose some Tashkent and you'll be off with the best Balkan mixture ever. Just don't ask for a VaPer, they'll look at you like a nit wit. If you do want a blend like that I suggest you ask for the proper blend. Something with Virginia ans Perique. :D

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I picked a Peretti's poker last time I was there and dedicated it to my burley blends. Spent about $70 if I recall. Smokes great!!!

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
I picked up a Peretti Lovat about a month ago. It smokes great.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Bought a Peretti pot on Ebay a while ago, smokes great.
Also, when I was in Boston earlier this year, I stopped in at the store for about 2 1/2 hours. I chatted with the guys, sampled many tobacco's, bought some as well as a nice rusticated Canadian for a decent price. Felt like I a got a really good deal overall. Very interesting staff they have there, lots of fun to chat with as well.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
alex - you are in for a treat when you visit LJP. My first pipes in the 60s came from them and I have picked up a goodly number since. Their estates are also worth picking over - my last one is a Charatan which puffs well. So are several LJPs that I've gotten in the last several years. Legend has it that old man Peretti carved himself way back when. Current standard issue may be shop labels made in Italy and elsewhere.
hp

les

Status
Not open for further replies.