PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I was just doing my normal browsing on ebay when I came across this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unopened-2oz-tin-Esoterica-Penzance-/140615333235?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20bd53b573 I have not had the pleasure to taste Penzance yet, but I have to ask is it worth $30 plus $7 shipping charges for a 2oz tin? I find it hard to believe that it is that good.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
cupojoes.com usually has 2oz. tins for around 13 buck I think. But it's limited to one tin per purchase. In other words... nope, I wouldn't get it on ebay, it's not gone the way of 759 yet!

Jul 12, 2011
agree with Nat, you could get an 8oz bag for $30. when available and it does come available from time to time (just the wait game, I waited for an entire year to snag some)..when you can snag one or two 8oz bags and cellar... :puffy:

openbook

Lurker
May 6, 2011
Way too much. I just got some 2oz tins on 4noggins the other day, and as the smoking dragon said, you can get an 8oz bag for $30. The tins were $10 apiece.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Penzance is highly prized, for good reason! But your best bet is to avoid eBay for tobacco purchases, and use your web browser to find reliable tobacco shops, or check with advertisers on this site. An 8 oz bag for 30.00 is a bargain, 2oz at that price isn't worth it.

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
that Ebayer has 10 tins up for sale. "Selling the tins, since they are so rare." The tobacco inside is a bonus. ......yeahhhh right

strave19

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2011
$37 is high. PM Me if you cant find it available at any online retailers, I've got a few tins now and could part with one for a lot less than $37.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
Strave19 Thanks for the offer. I have to wait a little while for my next TAD binge because I have a baby on the way I need to save money for and I just indulged. Penzence is on the top of my list for next time though. I just couldn't believe that it was worth that much. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.