PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowhatchie

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 27, 2010
I almost hate to post this... with all I have heard about this tobacco ..I thought it would be for me the end all of all end all's in searching for the perfect tobacco. For me it was not.... it was okay...but not earth shattering..wig straightening as I had hoped for. to me tastes very much like Boswell's Northwoods only a bit more pine needle taste...I do like some tobaccos with Latakia in them.. Billy Budd,Chelsea Morning etc.

I really guess simply put I like the VAPerique blends the best.. with straight VA flakes close behind.... I know I am in the minority on this tobacco.. almost makes me feel like a traitor, however It is what it is.. and Penzance is clearly not for me. Glad I only bought three tins!!

lyst36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2011
Mentioning that you have a cache of that in here will get you a lot of PM's.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Based on the reviews and postings, I may have to grab up some tins of this. One to enjoy, one to cellar, and and several to barter with.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
It's not for everybody, that's what makes life tolerable, I'd hate to think of living in a place that only had one choice for everything.

fatman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
I'm in your camp Bow, I don't care for it myself. I do think that due to all the hype I was expecting something else. Somewhat like COOR's back in the 70's, when I finally did get my hand on some I thought.."not any better than Schmidts"!!

bowhatchie

Sep 27, 2010
Thanks for the info Papipeguy.... I have not tried Maltese Falcon but I do like Pirate Kake! I did not particularly dislike Penzance... I just did not love it...like I had hoped I would....

Status
Not open for further replies.