PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Awesome, thanks for the detailed reply, sounds like it would be right up my alley.
Just finished a bowl of University Flake, love it more every bowl, wish it came in bulk!. Fair point on it being monotone, not that it's a bad thing.
Pegasus sounds like a good change up from other burley blends, fingers crossed it makes it to me and I can give some feedback on this thread.
Burley is really growing on me of late.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Based upon all this noise I did something I never do. I ordered a single tin of Pegasus to try. I suspect it won't be my cup of tea but one never knows until they try. I've been surprised before.
I've been itching to try it for weeks, keep seeing @ray47 praising it, don't know the man but I'd take his word on tobacco any day of the week

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Based upon all this noise I did something I never do. I ordered a single tin of Pegasus to try. I suspect it won't be my cup of tea but one never knows until they try. I've been surprised before.
If ever there was a codger burley blend for you, this may be it. There are only a handful of C&D blends that I like, but I'm a little fanatical about this one. Very easy-going, but complex as well if you want to be dazzled.

Besides, it's way manlier than that vanilla tobacco you're always smoking. Every time you post it up, I wonder "How long until Mark starts vaping?" ?

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
C&D are the masters of burley in my opinion. Haunted Bookshop, Pegasus, Old Joe Krantz, Kelly’s Coin, Burley Flake series. This is like the dream team of burleys.
I’m about to order an ounce or so of Uhle 00, Uhle 300 and Uhle Perfection Plug Burley. — I’ve always wanted to sample these. They are reputed to be phenomenal burley blends. The latter a light aromatic. The first two stand alone burleys for blending or straight.

North Pole piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2021
Rural, Manitoba Canada.
I’m about to order an ounce or so of Uhle 00, Uhle 300 and Uhle Perfection Plug Burley. — I’ve always wanted to sample these. They are reputed to be phenomenal burley blends. The latter a light aromatic. The first two stand alone burleys for blending or
I’m about to order an ounce or so of Uhle 00, Uhle 300 and Uhle Perfection Plug Burley. — I’ve always wanted to sample these. They are reputed to be phenomenal burley blends. The latter a light aromatic. The first two stand alone burleys for blending or straight.
Nice. I’ve seen them in reviews, but never seen any for sale here in Canada and I don’t think they ship internationally.

Etipton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 24, 2021
Tennessee
Never tried this one but I’m a fan of some of the codger blends my favorite being Sir Walter Raleigh, how would you say Pegasus compares to it?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Pegasus introduced me to the high art of burley blending being done at Cornell & Diehl back when they were located in North Carolina. For a while that was a mainstay of my rotation. I also like many other C&D blends with burley -- Billy Budd, Old Joe Krantz, Tuggle Hall, Bayou Night, Riverboat Gambler, Stratfordshire, Big'n'Burley, Dark Burley and others. I'm stuck in the glories of variety so I haven't been back to Pegasus in years, but I certainly would smoke it again.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
I'm glad to say that I should have delivery of Pegasus sometime within the week, having nearly spent a month in transit,customs, and finally been cleared.
I've been enjoying Amphora Burley, Petersons University Flake and John Pattons Storm Front in the meantime, all burley forward blends, and have come to think I prefer burley.
I have been anxiously waiting for it to come back into stock for months from the only supplier I can access, in my corner of the world that is.
Anyway I've ordered a pound of it, safe to say I will love it - and have enough to share!.

Just reading back on this thread, @hoosierpipeguy , have you cracked your tin of Pegasus yet?
I've been on and off the forum for a couple of weeks, but was interested to see how you may find it ; being a predominantly Virginia smoker and all.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
This stuff is ?. I mean this is really horrible shit. Stay away from it ?. Don’t say I didn’t warn yas. BTW, I detesting this bit of ? shit with about a yr on it in this MM with candy ? swirl Foreverstem. Worst stuff there is out dere. ? ☕
181D354A-509F-464F-B156-C329C177060C.jpeg

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Ohhh right, right,right.. yeah, ummm yeah listen to the man people, in fact when I smoke my first bowl of Pegasus and likely agree with Simmerdown, I'll gracefully purchase as much bulk as I can and ship it to Australia for us to dispose of, far,far away from you guys.

• Haha
Reactions: Simmerdown☕️
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I'm glad to say that I should have delivery of Pegasus sometime within the week, having nearly spent a month in transit,customs, and finally been cleared.
I've been enjoying Amphora Burley, Petersons University Flake and John Pattons Storm Front in the meantime, all burley forward blends, and have come to think I prefer burley.
I have been anxiously waiting for it to come back into stock for months from the only supplier I can access, in my corner of the world that is.
Anyway I've ordered a pound of it, safe to say I will love it - and have enough to share!.

Just reading back on this thread, @hoosierpipeguy , have you cracked your tin of Pegasus yet?
I've been on and off the forum for a couple of weeks, but was interested to see how you may find it ; being a predominantly Virginia smoker and all.
I have and smoke around half a dozen bowls. I'm enjoying it. It has some rough edges, I think it will benefit from some adding. I'm thinking I'll buy a couple of pound to cellar.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Does it have any flavorings?
Is it sweetened, and how much, compared to PA, Carter Hall or Edgeworth?
I don't mind a bit of molasses, but am generally not fond of fruit or licorice. Thanks!