PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

janosh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2015
Hungary
That's unbelievable! I have plans to make a barn (similar to this) but first I have to win the Power Ball ;) (as you did?! :D )

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
If that is Mr. Peck's barn then Mrs. Peck must be a wonderful and understanding spouse.
Plugugly

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
My WORD!!!!!
I will admire this beauty, but I will refrain from sharing with the horses. They'd be PISSED. Lovely set up, Peck!

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Absolutely awe inspiring. The woodwork is classic but fresh and warm. The stone work has you situated well in a castle all your own. The amenities are through roof. Lastly, so open and spacious...truly the best atmosphere for smoke to rise. If this is what the "barn" looks like I've gotta see what you do with the outhouse!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I can't believe I am chiming in so late on this thread. Dean, that is quite amazing. My birthday is in August and not only will I be adding some fine brown liquor to your bar, but I do recall that you are a fan of Petrus. As with all things Peck, the pics are outstanding.
If I missed this in the thread I apologize but is there a restroom in the barn? If so, does Pat clean it along with bringing you your morning coffee?
Dan

Dec 24, 2012
If I missed this in the thread I apologize but is there a restroom in the barn? If so, does Pat clean it along with bringing you your morning coffee?
Dan, good to see you here.
Yes, there is a bathroom to the left of the bar. I even put a shower in as well.
NNtGxbO.jpg

On the mainfloor there is only a urinal in the small room just off my office.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Holy Shit! Peck, me and the family are outside right now. I sold our house and now live in this RV parked in your drive way, I hope you don't mind if we move in, times are hard and we ain't got much money, Your castle is a mighty nice place. I'll warsh dishes every night. :rofl:
Peck, I'm sure that's a dream come true for you and your spouse, Congratulations. Hard work has paid off.

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
Nice setup, Peck. I'd take bubble hockey over billiards any day; much more entertaining and takes a surprising amount of skill to master. When I was looking at your photos, all I could think of was: "If I ever visited Peck's Castle, I'd want to sit in EVERY CHAIR."

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Holy smokes! Your barn is beautiful. I enjoyed looking at the pictures of your barn more than I enjoyed walking thru the Palace of Versailles two weeks ago.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Not sure how I missed this the first time around. Just beautiful. It must shine once the snow is covering everything.
Infrastructure question: What kind of heat? I see gas fireplaces.....

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Now that's just sad Lloyd.
Nothing sad about it. The Palace of Versailles was a total waste of time. We stood in line for two hours just to get in the door and every room we entered was overflowing with people...half of them taking selfies. In every freakin' room. We walked around like a herd of cattle and the same people were taking selfies in every room. The gardens were a different story...more space and more enjoyable.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I could spend all my waking hours in your barn, Peck. What a fantastic job you did with it Sir! I admire the dedication and all the hard work you put into it. I'm hoping to have my own like that someday, although I doubt it will ever be quite as large. Hope it's still treating you right!

Dec 24, 2012
Infrastructure question: What kind of heat? I see gas fireplaces.....
Dan, there is a fireplace but that isn't really used for heating, though I guess it could be. The floors on the first level of the barn are heated - there is a tankless hot water system that cycles water through pipes in the concerete floor under the terrazo. The last guy installed that, not me, but it works quite well. In addition, there is also a conventional furnace. If you look at the long shot of the bar you will see two wooden doors way up high behind the bar - that is where the furnace is. You will also see the long black ductwork that runs from end to end (I had it painted black actually) on the rafters of the upstairs area - the heat or A/C comes out of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.