PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
"Is there a write off for the office space?"
That is a long and involved question that would take 40 pages to answer, unfortunately.
Do you spend any time in the house?
I do. I have only a strictly enforced quota of time I am able to spend in the barn
but a barn isn't a barn without, at the very least, chickens or goats.
Interesting perspective. I could invest in chicken or goats . . . or . . . I could have a stripper pole installed. Let me think about it.
Will you be showing us pictures of the staff's quarters?
I am the staff.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
I just sent an email to Prime Minister Trudeau suggesting he call on Peck to house a couple of hundred Syrian refugees at his place. I told him Peck was a big supporter of his and would be happy to do his duty for the people.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It is nice, but come on, aren't all being just a tad too enthusiastic?
To put it in perspective, here's my summer cottage:
Z47P6WP.jpg

All of the statues are lighters. I like to keep things practical. I abhor flash.
And this is my smoking room. Nothing grand, but it is a nice cozy space. And before you ask, the various statues and cabinetry house climate controlled repositories for my pipes and tobacco. I realize that it's not a cellar, but one can't have everything.
6fNRvH8.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
Sable, many thanks for that. You are doing your very best to paint me as restrained and reasonable. Were you the model for the statue?

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Really must commend Mr. Pecks & Mr. Sables modest efforts with their respective 'outhouses' as we call them in England. Pretty houses but 'outhouses' all the same. Here in gods own country we do things on a much grander scale. I myself haven't set foot in my smoking cellar since 1998! Due the difficulty in locating said room out of 800 or so. Still nice to see how you do the best you can over there. Must dash now downstairs & beat up the butler, & interfere with the maid! God speed & merry Christmas to you all.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I'm 100% sure you earned every bit of it Peck my friend!Some may be envious, but there was a high price paid in effort and hard work to get it. God Bless ya and a Merry Christmas... :wink:

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Robin Leach might very well have to come back and do a special episode of "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" to cover your 'Smoking Spot'! Those cabinets that hold your tobacco don't look like they would in any way shape or form hold your 676+ pound stash though. Is most of that perhaps stored in another barn, or perhaps in an underground vault in another country? Hmm... I'm thinking the Vatican treasury.

Dec 24, 2012
Those cabinets that hold your tobacco don't look like they would in any way shape or form hold your 676+ pound stash though.
You know, I have heard that before, and don't know how to respond. The stash fits in about one-third of my cabinet space. Now, I do have an issue with the reinforced shelves bowing a bit that I have taken steps to address by adding more shelves, but it fits quite easily, with a great deal of shelf space left over.
The last update I did of the cellar was at the end of January, 2015, and I had over 600 lbs then, so not much has changed, other than adding a few shelves to mitigate the weight issue:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/cellaring-with-peck-a-new-reality-show
In all seriousness, all I did was a few rennovations on a barn to conform it to what I wanted. It is very rustic and certainly not oppulent (like Sable's pad).It is a nice spot to have a bowl though.
One cool thing about the barn is that there is not a single screw or nail in those beams. It is all mortise and tenon and dowling construction. I really just worked with what was there.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
One cool thing about the barn is that there is not a single screw or nail in those beams. It is all mortise and tenon and dowling construction. I really just worked with what was there.
That is very cool. How old is the barn?
Oh, and thank you for giving us a glimpse inside a country gentleman's barn retreat. Once I show the photos to my wife she will be more likely to give her blessing to my more limited plans to turn one room in my shop into a smoking lounge.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
What's the cost for a weekend stay, with access to a few tobaccos/cigars at your discretion? :) Well done sir. Well done.

Dec 24, 2012
How old is the barn?
The Barn is only 12 years old. It was built by a Dutch mennonite builder in the area who specializes in timber frame construction. The house is also timberframe. The property was his own.
What's the cost for a weekend stay, with access to a few tobaccos/cigars at your discretion?
Free to goodstanding members of the forum here, provided they bring a bottle to donate to the bar.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
The Barn is only 12 years old. It was built by a Dutch mennonite builder in the area who specializes in timber frame construction. The house is also timberframe. The property was his own.
I thought the wood looked fresh. Amish and Mennonite building is impressive. Your house and barn will be sound long after the McMansions are falling into disrepair.

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Very nice. Thanks for posting the pics. I like your fans mounted on the walls. Do you find ventilation to be an issue?

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Thanks for sharing your private quarters with us Peck. It is truly an amazing piece of property, I'm glad for you and know that you will enjoy it in good health. Just happened to pop in on the forum, it's been a while and glad that I got to view your post. Merry Christmas to You and Yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.