New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t really know what I am doing, so do let me know if there are any defects. I am Very happy with the purchase- this pipe has been restored beautifully. Excellent grain.

The nomenclature is faint and I could not photograph. The sellers photo of the nomenclature is also not clear. However the nomenclature is completely readable.

Pipes are for smoking - I am going to smoke it

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
That's a very nice rendition of the shape! Congratulations on your find. It did come with a stinger originally and a lot of people unscrewed them when they were of the removable kind, as not all were, and tossed them.

8 Dots were around from the mid to late '20's thru WWII. They were made exclusively for the American market. The 8 Dot itself was a marketing strategy, not a grading. Sasieni were aggressive about building market share. They realized that their distinctive 4Dot logo could only be seen from one side ot the stem, so they duplicated it on the other side, creating the 8 Dot. The calculation was that more of their pipes would be recognized on the street and more people would want to own one.

My Sasienis are fine smokers. My only gripe with them is the lower quality Vulcanite that they and Charatan used.

Reactions: cshubhra
Thank you @sablebrush52 . When I get the confirmation from the experts, I know that I did it right - maybe by luck.

I need to learn about these - I am closely following the discussions over here, but the final learning can happen only after looking at a bunch of them, studying them closely, talking mental (and sometimes real) notes.

Making expensive mistakes is sometimes part of the process. Thankfully I have not made one yet, a lot of which is because of knowledgeable people here!

Status
Not open for further replies.