Search on Site

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
WI
A friend of mine on the railroad, after hearing that I was a pipe smoker, told me he wanted to start.
So I made a beginners package for him and will be sending it out today.

Just something to get him started. With a note that included a few starter tips.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
WI
Though I no longer smoke my Dr Grabows, they are the pipes I started with, and it hooked me for life. I thought about getting him a corncob too, but I'll just let him figure that one out first. The tamper I made myself, and I think he'll like the excaliburley. I created that blend years ago and everyone loves the smell.

homeatsea

Preferred Member
Mar 6, 2013
I wish someone had turned me on to the Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake/Bullseye line much earlier in my piping career. It took me far too long to stumble across them and they were the kind of tobacco I could see immediately hooking a new smoker. Good on you for putting that together for a friend.

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member
May 12, 2015
Monterey Peninsula
Well done!
Bullseye may hook some, but my experience was different. Burlington Arcade, no longer made. English with Latakia and Perique.

trouttimes

Preferred Member
Nov 26, 2018
Well done! That's how we keep our ranks filled. You got me feeling guilty that I've not done that.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
WI
I got two other people back into pipe smoking through the years as well. Just doin my part!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
WI
I figured, that someone like him, wasn't just going to go out and look for a pipe. So I forced him into it. Now he has no choice.