PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

niblicck

Can't Leave
Oct 7, 2020
Alabama
Those are some very nice pipe purchases after going on a 5 year drought! Was wondering on the pipe that has a ghost if you've have gave it the old salt teatment followed by the water rinse? Sometimes when I get a pipe that maintains a ghost...fill the bowl with used wet coffee grounds and let set to dry out completely. I also do this to my pipes that get a little funky

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
Those are some very nice pipe purchases after going on a 5 year drought! Was wondering on the pipe that has a ghost if you've have gave it the old salt teatment followed by the water rinse? Sometimes when I get a pipe that maintains a ghost...fill the bowl with used wet coffee grounds and let set to dry out completely. I also do this to my pipes that get a little funky

They are all new, so none of them have a ghost. The Neerup (bottom right) is just taking forever to break in.

I had a target of 6 pipes. I think I exceeded by a large amount. No pictures today - but this is what I bought

1. Jess Chonowitsch Brandy
2. Smokers Guild (Another pipe group) Group Pipe - Kaywoodie Rhodesian from 2020
3. Sasieni Four Dot Amesbury
4. Sasieni Claret Bulldog
5. Sasieni Perfect Ten Canadian
6. Part of the set - Sasieni Two Dot Dublin with a hole in the bit. I did not want it, as I already have a two dot in my collection, but have kept it either to practice my hand in stem repair or to have a replacement stem made in the future. My first attempt in repairing the hole did not go well, but will try again.
7. Missouri Meerschaum Legend Cob- I did not have a proper cob in my collection and it filled a hole, and I am very impressed with it
8. “Specially Selected by Sasieni” - One Dot Canadian with 1925 patent. Specially Selected stamp was given to the pipes which Joel Sasieni graded himself and selected to be the best grade
9. Bruce Weaver Bamboo Apple

Also a very generous forum member gifted me two pipes

10. Peterson Rhodesian with a military mount
11. Briarworks Billiard

In 2021 I have a target of buying only 2 pipes.