PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I've been saving my pennies, with an eye toward a couple of pipes that I wish to order, but I made the mistake of stopping by a couple of B&Ms over the last two weekends... On a quick trip to Bellevue, WA for SteamCon, I was delighted to discover a Tobacco Patch within walking distance of the hotel! The proprietor was friendly, and showed me several different pouch options (since that's what was first on my list ), and I treated myself to a tin of Escudo, even though the local taxes nearly double the prices I see online. After all - I needed to fill the pouch, didn't I?
Sadly, I caught a nasty intestinal bug and did not feel like smoking until much later this week. So this afternoon, I stopped by my local B&M to have a smoke and see what was new since the proprietor got back from the Vegas pipe show. Wound up buying a Jobey straight billiard and a tin of Frog Morton, which I enjoyed immediately, much to the dismay of one of the cigar guys, who has repeated the old canard about just what Latakia is smoked over during preparation. Mind you, the fellow sitting next to me was intrigued by the aroma - and the proprietor immediately switched to a bowl of Three Nuns once his own cigar was finished.
Now, I'm in the back yard with a flake of Escudo folded and stuffed into my Stanwell. I may be approaching sensory overload. But in a good way. Happy November, all!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Sounds great Phred. Would love to see pics of the pipe and the convention. Glad you are feeling better buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.