PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
stanny-600x324.jpg

So I am not entirely to blame this time. My girlfriend urged me to buy this by telling me that it is for her to help her to quit smoking cigarettes. She later confessed to just telling me that to urge my PAD because she feels that I should have the things I want. And she is right; I have coveted this pipe since it hit the Smoking Pipes update. She does smoke all of my pipes from time to time, but she knew I wanted this and wanted me to have it with no guilt. I have a wonderful woman, a beautiful new Stanwell Featherweight Smooth Red 242, a 100gm tin of W.O. Larsen Signature: Vintage Mixture and a tin of Peterson Sunset Breeze. I really can't complain about my life folks.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
You are a lucky man.... That's a great Pipe and your girlfriend

is a keeper as well! Good for the both of you!

brazz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2009
I love the curve on the bowl top. Sweet pipe!! I must have somekind of disorder if I'm looking at curves on a pipe instead of a babe. This site is causing PAD, TAD and Pipe looks like a woman disorder.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Very nice pipe Phil. That slight bend is perfect.

We pipe smokers are a generous lot, so it stands to reason since you share your pipes she would want you to have one all to yourself... for now.

The motives of women are so inscrutable.

I think Reddazes would agree.

:)

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
A fine looking pipe ohin. Looks to be a great smoker, hope it does for you. Also, great that you have a very good woman about.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
That's a great looking pipe. I've been watching eBay and looking at the same website - I'm getting the itch, but I keep telling myself to buy some blocks of wood to try to make my own pipe.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
That is one fine looking Stanwell, ohin....I've never tried either of these tobaccos, so I'd surely like your feedback on how they smoke.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
@ everyone: Yeah I really do have a great woman at my side.
@ hilojohnny: Sunset Breeze is new to me and I will be sure to let you know what I think of it once I have smoked a few bowls. The W.O. Larsen Signature: Vintage Mixture is incredible stuff. It is one of the few aromatics that smokes just like it smells. The tobacco itself is a top notch mild mellow blend that I would smoke on it's own with no casing. The Va adds just a bit of spice and natural sweetness, the burley adds a bit of depth and body and the cavendish seems to spread everything out and soften it up a bit. The smoke is cool and mild and never ever causes any sort of irritation to the tongue, mouth, or throat. Add to this an expertly applied casing of sugar, vanilla, caramel and marshmellows and you have a wonderfully relaxing and very pleasant smelling smoke. The casing is not heavy and leaves no goop in your pipe and in no way muddles the tobacco flavour. Rather, it compliments the natural sugars in the tobacco. Top notch blend indeed. So fun getting into aromatics after 14 years of pipe smoking. All sorts of new tobaccos to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.