PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Preferred Member
Mar 19, 2013
So far this year I've been concentrating on American classics: Kaywoodie, Yello-Bole, and Dr. Grabow. Then, this morning I woke up and felt the need of something different, and somehow this was in my cart and I pushed the button:
Savinelli Tortuga Rustic 305

I'm usually not fond of rustic pipes, and I'm usually a Peterson guy, but somehow this just had my name written all over it! I must be ready for a shake-up. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Country Squire Banner

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
That's a sweet Savenelli. They do a beautiful job with design, a light touch with maximum effect. Their pipes

run the gambit from really basic, unfinished pipes for $44, to Autograph pipes, handmade, running into

hundreds of dollars, and worth it. I have a churchwarden, a 404 zulu I bought unfinished (now beautifully

finished with wear), and a billiard second. They all smoke really well.

plateauguy

Preferred Member
Mar 19, 2013
This will be my first Savinelli, like I said, I'm usually a Peterson guy. Funny thing, I usually prefer an apple or bulldog shaped bowl so this is really a departure for me.
I've heard great things about the Savs and am really looking forward to this one.

weezell

Preferred Member
Oct 12, 2011
I have a churchwarden, a 404 zulu I bought unfinished (now beautifully

finished with wear), and a billiard second. They all smoke really well.
I have a Sav 320 Author unfinished that is in my top 5 pipes to smoke!...

agnosticpipe

Preferred Member
Nov 3, 2013
I recently bought a Tortuga rustic 626 with an Amazon gift card I got for my birthday. I really like it, and strangely find myself using the balsa filters from time to time too if I find myself smoking a fairly wet blend that I'm too impatient to dry out. I have had a few Savinellis in my life and have always found them to be good smokers. Hope you enjoy yours!

broth

Mar 6, 2013
Love the Tortuga Rustics. I think Savinelli does really nice looking rustication. Their pipes are balanced looking and have great lines. And the one I have smokes very well! Hope yours does too!

andystewart

Preferred Member
Jan 21, 2014
I REALLY wish I hadn't seen those two pipes! They're great-looking and is can feel the PAD stir. It's now just a question of how long I can hold out. Why does this happen to me?!

anglesey

Jan 15, 2014
Ooh I had a straight billiard of the same style in my basket a few weeks ago. I wish I'd pushed the button

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Oh, and I forgot to mention my Sav Oscar Lucite 315 KS prince, four or five years old now; love them Savs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Squire Banner