PAD Overdrive Last Week - Part 2 La Savinelli Giublio D’Oro and Savinelli Punto Oro Mr. G

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Giublio D’Oro is in good condition. It needs nothing.

The Punto Oro had a thick cake, rim charring, oxidized stem, tarry bowl. I washed the Punto Oro with Murphy’s oil soap, reamed it with a senior reamer (I don’t have a junior reamer, so I could not get to the bottom part of the cake fully. Put some pipe stem oil on the bowl, buffed it with a piece of tissue, then put Caranuba Wax, and then buffer it again with a piece of tissue.

The stem was washed with oxyclean, oxidation removed with micromesh, buffed with pipe stem well.

This is good enough for now, but the wooden ring accent needs additional buffing (cannot be seen in the pic), a little more reaming at the bottom of the bowl cannot hurt, and maybe buffing the bowl with a wheel would give it a little more shine.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian
It was soaked for two hours or less. Regarding the taste ... Jury is still out. I got a sample of CD Dark Chocolate. I don’t generally smoked aromatics... I smoked one bowl of that so far in the Punto Oro. I did not notice anything, but I need to smoke a Va or English to state that conclusively.

@cshubhra ,you said oxyclean bath,did you notice this treatment has caused any side taste to the stem afterward?How long it was soaked in the bleach?

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian
Status
Not open for further replies.