PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
The Pad bug bite me and had to call Marty Pulver.

Here are the Boys

DSC08856.jpg

From left to right: Nording, Bari Senior, and a Larson Coppenhagen Grade 3. They should be in the mail tommorrow and I will cuddle them soon enough.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
No hating the PAD gremlin....he is actually a lovable critter. And, by the way, I believe he assisted your acquisition of some very nice briar...Congratulations!

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
I thought it was steal for the price. I am in love with Nording pipes the other 2 as I figure it are free. I have a feeling that me and Marty are going to get to know one another if his deals keep up this good.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I was actually thinking of buying that lot before but couldn't spend that much at the time so I went with the $40 lot instead. Very nice pipes.

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
Someday, someone is going to have to run a "danish freehand appreciation" clinic around here, because I just don't get it. :) Nevertheless, I applaud you on your acquisitions and the joy you are about to receive!
Simon

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
A perfect Danish trifecta Duncan. Nice grain on the Nording and Larson. I bet they'll feel great in the hand.
Simon- You'll come around one of these days.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Simon,

I just love the fact that the free hand is just that a freehand. I normal shapes are kinda boring to me and really take no artistic thought(it does take skill though). I like the fact that the artist looks at the briar and how it speaks to them. To me freehands are the artistic side of the house. Those are just my thoughts on it though. I have great respect for the classical shapes and own quite a few of them, as some have a passion for a brand I have a passion for a style. With that said I wouldn't give up my classical shapes for the world.(unless I was offered a ton of freehands for them..lol)
Wade

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Great pipes, gotta love them freehands. The only restraint is creative thought and briar's response.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
I think I would like to try my hand at carving in the near future I will sell you all my free hands

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
For jship079.. if you start carving it's the wood I'd like not any "free hands" you might end up with, they can reattach those after a carving incident.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Well they have arrived and I already cuddled with the Nording and she made me feel all warm and fuzzy. I do have to say they are just as described and the service was they best I have had from an E-Tailer. I will frequent his site often and support my Pad when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.