36 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aug 1, 2012
I am sad to admit it but for a little while in my early pipe smoking adventure I was a snob. It was partially due to the fact that the Kaywoodie pipe I bought new then was so terrible of a smoker. Since then I have found an appreciation for all of the old drugstore brands such as Kaywoodie, Yello Bole, Medico and Dr. Grabow. On to the first acquisition. When I first got into the pipe, these were common and you could get an unsmoked one for very little coin. Since then that has somewhat changed and there are people asking quite a bit for these. Well, thanks to Etsy, I found one that was unsmoked for a reasonable price. Not sure if I'll smoke it or leave it as-is but here it is.

20210715_132224.jpgThe next one I got has been in the postal system since December of last year. It was a pretty cool little Medico that I did not recognize but was cheap, unsmoked and looked fun. It's surprisingly nice for a Medico and despite the dainty stem still takes a filter.
20210715_132945.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic quality but it's what I have for now.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Upon seeing the title of this thread (before studying it a little more closely), I thought for a brief moment that Pipe Acquisition might've been deemed an Olympic sport. I pictured all the endorsements held by various forum members (not going to mention any names), all of the rigorous training undertaken by said members, and the eventual disgrace brought upon the whole of the sport by the inevitable widespread doping scandal (and the resulting prison sentences).

Ah, but back to reality. Nice little score there. ?