Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Claret is a second line from Sasieni - It has a Blue Accent and a single blue dot ? . It is from the family era. It is somewhat rare as it is not known (At least by me) why would a pipe be stamped as Claret and not Two Dot. This particular pipe is beautifully finished with a light red stain, and also marked as XS which as per an eBay seller denotes a higher grade in the Claret line. I acquired this at the same time as the Perfect Ten I posted earlier. I have lightly cleaned it up, some defects remain but I can live with it. A little more elbow grease and this can be restored perfectly if I so desire in the future.
DAB27FAB-F5CD-4DA0-AEC3-F9C45CBC55C5.jpeg858EBDE4-B09B-43C4-8B5A-9658899D757A.jpegE565A6C7-D008-47EC-A745-ECD793C73C8B.jpegEDD5D786-CEC7-4009-A641-C754C6B4E2BB.jpeg

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
The Claret is a second line from Sasieni - It has a Blue Accent and a single blue dot ? . It is from the family era. It is somewhat rare as it is not known (At least by me) why would a pipe be stamped as Claret and not Two Dot. This particular pipe is beautifully finished with a light red stain, and also marked as XS which as per an eBay seller denotes a higher grade in the Claret line. I acquired this at the same time as the Perfect Ten I posted earlier. I have lightly cleaned it up, some defects remain but I can live with it. A little more elbow grease and this can be restored perfectly if I so desire in the future.
View attachment 31774View attachment 31775View attachment 31776View attachment 31777
Beautiful pipe. I love the blue accent. It makes it very distinct.

Reactions: cshubhra
Aug 1, 2012
Dang man, as a Sasieni addict, I'm jealous of both pipes. The XS does indeed denote a better grade of pipe. In my experience they smoke a little better than the standard lines too. Enjoy 'em.

Reactions: cshubhra

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
Beautiful pipes. Sasieni family era or earlier are hard to beat. My best smokers are all Sasieni. Love the briar they use and their seconds are just as good quality briar as the four dot. Usually just a very minor physical blemish.

Status
Not open for further replies.