PAD Is Real!!! A Couple Of Month With The Disorder Realized (Pics)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
So not too sure what to say about it other than WOW... That did happen didn't it!! This is a realization post with a "please help identify this pipe" at the end.
Let's start at the beginning. A couple months back I was cruising the bay and saw the pipe that is in the red pipe couch and I had to have it. It is a 9" long HUGE chunk of briar. A Canadian styled pipe. It is a Chacom collector with the CC on the stem.
That held me over for about a week till I was in an antique shop and spotted the three leather wrapped pipes directly behind the same red pipe couch. At $5 each how could I pass them up when I have always wanted one!! They are Longchamp leather wrapped briar pipes.
Same story, about a week later I am searching for a decent priced Gourd Calabash pipe on the bay and find the Calabash shaped meerschaum pipe in the case of the pic bellow. It is a beautiful piece of meerschaum, smokes wonderfully and so worth it!!! Not sure of the carver however but it is a true lattice pipe meaning the lattice cutouts are all connected.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Soret about the two posts, phone was being stupid and wouldn't let me do two...
A week goes by and my Canadian itch is going again and I find the savinelli Oscar aged briar in the bottom right of the pic. It is such a beauty! Light as a feather to boot!
Once again me and the girlfriend find ourselves in our frequently visited antique store and I spot the pipe rack in the pic with a few pipes and a square shanked MM cob. I have a soft spot for square shanked MMs so I inquired about it and had to buy the whole thing just for the one pipe!! Well, I look inside of the rack to find the three Yellow-Bole unsmoked bowls that go to my aluminum pipe I aquired some time back so I made the deal. Even though I have about 4 pipe racks I need to sell!!! No matter HAHA!
The same day as getting the pipe rack I saw the red pipe couch I have mentioned a few times already. I thought that was the coolest thing EVER so of course... I MUST HAVE IT!
So now we arrive at yesterday, me and the girlfriend are at yet another antique store in Riverside CA. I spot a bunch of square shanked MM cons I have a soft spot for and make my way over. I inquire about them and at $10 each I was not too into them. Then I see the bamboo shanked cob which I thought was pretty cool. At 3 for $20 I took them home with me.
Still out in riverside an antique store had a case full of boxed practically brand new pipes with the socks and all. I looked at them all and found the one sitting in the "modern pipe couch" at the bottom right of the pic. It was in a Brigham box but the stamp said differently. Not too sure what it said honestly but I love the odd shape of it. Beautiful Birdseye around the rim and flame grain all around the bowl. Still had a rubber bit on the stem and all. This is where I would love the exerts advice. Can anyone make out this stamp in the second pic?

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Some real nice pipes and goodies you've found along the way. I think those pipe couches are the coolest. Would love to stumble upon one of those myself while snooping around the antique shops and flea markets. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.