PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
As many of you know I was home recently for the passing of my mother. While home my dad mentioned that he was sick of his pipes because they are all cheap and don't smoke that well. He said that he wanted to get a new pipe and described what he wanted. I told him I would get him a pipe and he pretty much dismissed it. I got his this beauty today and I am almost as excited as I would be if I was getting the pipe. I want it so bad, but I am glad he will finally have a good pipe. God I wish it was coming to me.
002-034-7154.jpg

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
That's awesome ohin good on you. I shared a smoke with my dad this summer and turned him on to the Mac Baren flakes. Gotta get back up to Lake Erie and see him again.

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
That's awesome. Awesome pipe, awesome gesture. Update us with his reaction. :)

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That is a real beauty. Your dad should love it. Very commendable gesture for you to purchase that pipe for your father. Great score!

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Nice looking pipe. I am glad you still have your dad around.
My dad has been gone for 35 years now. I wish I could go back and have a smoke with him.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
NIce Ohin - and it will be appreciated all the more coming from his son. A great pipe for sure.

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Nice pipe, nice gesture and condolences to you & your father. I also lost my madrecita this August. The world is a bit dimmer without ones Mother. Your Father is really going to love that briar.

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
That is a beautiful pipe I can understand you wishing it was coming to you. I know he will appreciate it, especially from his son.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I had not heard about your mother and I was sorry to learn that. I hope your father can get some reflective solace with that lovely Stanwell, well, enough to at least soften the blow for a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.