anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
I think it came from a friends house. They were moving and just let friends and family go through the basement and just grab things. I think that's how I got it but I'am not sure. Also got some VHS tapes of Japanesse television. I'am still trying to find the best commercial ever, for American Lager Beer. This depressed guy is pushing a shopping cart through a generic grocery store as in everything is black and white as in white package and in black block English the name of the product. Until he gets to the beer which at which point Edwin Starrs' song War starts playing the guy puts the case of American Lager in his cart and runs through the store and then runs through a city until he gets to a grassy meadow. It's an awesome ad.

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
In 2009 my Mom was having a party at her house (it may have been the yearly Christmas party). Someone was looking to light a candle or candles, and I presented my World War I era reproduction Zippo. I remember my Mom using it to light the candle or candles, and then making a statement about how I shouldn’t have a lighter, then walking up to her room and hiding it. I have never been able to find it since, and it was such a cool lighter. Maybe I’ll do some searching on the internet, find that model, and buy another one.

Anyways, your story reminded of that incident and how my Zippo is probably still hidden in one of her two walk-in closets. That bowling Zippo you found is super cool. Love that artwork.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In 2009 my Mom was having a party at her house (it may have been the yearly Christmas party). Someone was looking to light a candle or candles, and I presented my World War I era reproduction Zippo. I remember my Mom using it to light the candle or candles, and then making a statement about how I shouldn’t have a lighter, then walking up to her room and hiding it. I have never been able to find it since, and it was such a cool lighter. Maybe I’ll do some searching on the internet, find that model, and buy another one.

Anyways, your story reminded of that incident and how my Zippo is probably still hidden in one of her two walk-in closets. That bowling Zippo you found is super cool. Love that artwork.
how old are you? I assumed old enough that in 2009 you're mom couldn't take your lighter.

Guppy

Might Stick Around
Sep 6, 2019
Texas
Zippo makes a 1941 Replica. I have a brushed Chrome and like it.

Reactions: kurtbob and BROBS

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
I think it came from a friends house. They were moving and just let friends and family go through the basement and just grab things. I think that's how I got it but I'am not sure. Also got some VHS tapes of Japanesse television. I'am still trying to find the best commercial ever, for American Lager Beer. This depressed guy is pushing a shopping cart through a generic grocery store as in everything is black and white as in white package and in black block English the name of the product. Until he gets to the beer which at which point Edwin Starrs' song War starts playing the guy puts the case of American Lager in his cart and runs through the store and then runs through a city until he gets to a grassy meadow. It's an awesome ad.
Japanese beer and energy drink ads are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.