PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When I traveled some for business, I really had it down, and I got better with experience. My father used to pack for family vacations in something like a valise; he was into minimal materialism, although he was in the bond business and his colleagues were often conspicuous consumers. He'd finally bought his first new car, a VW bug, when he was in his fifties, and of course immediately his boss issued him the use of a company Cadillac. Irony of life. In terms of pipes, he only owned one functioning pipe at a time, and only smoked Granger in a pouch, so no problems packing there.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Depends on the trip. For a week just anywhere, I usually take two to three pipes, a tin of of Virginia/VAPER flake, maybe a Va/Or. If it's going to be an outdoor trip, maybe two tins of a darker Virginia and two Balkans. If I 'm going somewhere with a great tobacconist, like Boston, I take two pipes and almost no tobacco, it makes for a good excuse to buy. Add to that matches, cleaners, a Spyderco and my charming friends Mr Smith, Mr. Wesson and six of their buddies.
Oh yeah, and I figure a pair a day plus two on underwear:)