PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Magpiety

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2019
Kansas City
Road & Track and other car magazines have been lamenting the demise of the manual for many years.

I've been buying Corollas as my work cars for a few years now, which they still put sticks in. I get them off the lot a few years old for ~14k dollars, put 300k miles on them, and then sell them for 4-5k. It's amazing that they keep that much value with such high mileage.

I prefer the stick for driving on the ice and snow, plus it's just fun lol.

Reactions: BROBS and jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Does the shift knob have a p-lip? I insisted on stick for years, now happy with automatic- and the paddles on the steering wheel that allow shifting without a clutch pedal.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
My biggest problem is the name. It just sounds like either a speech impediment or something a Russian prostitute would do.
The association I have is that it reminds of the old world cure for cold sores...

My first time with a P-lip I went for a stroll, and as I was crossing the road initially I thought "This is insanity, how could anyone get used to this feeling?" By the end of my neighbourhood stroll I decided it was actually quite comfortable and I now regularly smoke them.

Isaac

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Road & Track and other car magazines have been lamenting the demise of the manual for many years. True to form, VW is keeping the manual in the 2021 GTI.(article below sites 70% of the buyers in 2014 opted for the manual)
What is the punishment for a Mod getting their threads mixed up ?

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
do it. Do It. DO IT. DO IT. DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

002-033-47758.5915.jpg