PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
We're considering calling our little group P.I.P.E. (Pleasent Individuals Piping Enthusiastically). We gatherred at The Wooden Match in Bethlehem,Pa. last evening. Russ O., Alphaflux, Lestrout, 2 new joiners-Robert and John, and myself.

Russ shared 4 samples of blends that he is working for a special project. It should be a real winner when they come out. Great stories, good food and drink and an all around nice night of piping.

Our next gathering is scheduled for Monday, August 26,02013. So if anyone would like to join us, please do.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Thanks for the pix, John. Have you recovered yet from last night's run in with Old Ironsides? Sorry Robert and I were late, but the traffic with the near tornadic storm was quite intense. Going home was a breeze though, even with pop-up rains - took about a third of the time to get back. Robert really enjoyed our session - he hasn't had much pipstering with other enthusiasts since moving up from Georgia. RussO's new concoctions were a delight - that man has a way with the leaf that's spectacular, though it will take some doing to displace my Larry's Blend from its Numero Uno perch in the Top200 Cellar (carefully selected from my 1022 blends on hand plus another few hundred that I never awarded a slot in the database).
"P.I.P.E"? A good name I'd say. Sure you were in sales before, and not marketing?
hp

les

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
Who's the homeless guy in the suit? And how'd he

get in the door?

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
Unfortunately we at P.I.P.E. (Pocono Intermountain Pipe Enthusiasts) haven't trademarked PIPE. And at least its president--me--doesn't care if another club uses PIPE. It's like PIPE-Wilkes-Barre and PIPE-Bethlehem. We are close enough we should do something together. And of course there is the Hamburg club. We usually have a smoking contest celebrating International Pipe Smoking Day (Feb. 20). Maybe we can make it a joint venture?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Lestrout always looks dapper at these events.
Les, thank you so much for sharing your Old Ironsides. It was a special treat to say the least.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
docgarr- excellent idea. I'm sure that we could do a joint meeting at some time. Let's keep in touch and if you ever get to Bethlehem on the 4th Monday of any month please do drop in at The Wooden Match.

Status
Not open for further replies.