PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I'm pretty much a full-on TAD sufferer, without PAD making much of an appearance in my albeit brief time of pipe smoking. That said, I can't help but take a gander at the P&C catalog whenever I get a new one in the mail, especially on the toilet (really enhances the experience, I must say!). Lately, two Viking pipes have caught my eye, the Assens Morning 411 bent tadpole, and the Assens Evening 214 bent egg. Can't say why exactly, but I'm seriously considering a purchase, at least for the 411. So I checked out the reviews, and it's a pretty mixed bag. Plus, I'm aware of some of the P&C issues that have plagued certain forum members, and considering the situation as a whole, I'm still a bit hesitant.

Anyone here have any experience with these pipes, good or bad? This is just supplemental for me...I'm happy with what I have right now, so just trying to avoid a totally unnecessary dud. Thanks!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
One of my favorite pipes is a Viking Classic Dublin that I bought from my local B&M.

Well drilled, comfortable bit. If it would just clean itself, I wouldn't need all these others lying around...

The ones you are considering have acrylic stems, whereas mine is vulcanite, so our experiences may differe there.

Hey @cosmicfolklore I said something about pipes... nnnn

1633606483076.jpeg

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
I have a Viking that was purchased from P&C last year and I like the pipe very well. Only problem I had was that there seemed to be varnish in the draught hole and the mortise. A pipe cleaner would come out reddish looking. After cleaning with everclear soaked pipe cleaners ( 6 or 8 ) it seemed to clear up and I've not noticed any residual stain since. It does smoke well and is a great pipe for a good price. So I recommend cleaning it well before smoking it , if you get one.

Reactions: Servant King

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I have a Viking that was purchased from P&C last year and I like the pipe very well. Only problem I had was that there seemed to be varnish in the draught hole and the mortise. A pipe cleaner would come out reddish looking. After cleaning with everclear soaked pipe cleaners ( 6 or 8 ) it seemed to clear up and I've not noticed any residual stain since. It does smoke well and is a great pipe for a good price. So I recommend cleaning it well before smoking it , if you get one.
I've got the Everclear handy, so I'll keep this in mind if I decide to pull the trigger. Thanks for the info!

@jaytex1969 I hope things are back to normal with your account!

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I hadn't heard about Viking pipes until now but they're good looking pipes. I've never shopped at P&C before but it's cool that they still do a catalog.

Reactions: Servant King