PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Yeah I've had orders stuck in backorder at P&C that they were unable to find to cancel when I called. Took multiple calls to get it cancelled. Also tried to buy Bayou Morning Flake 8oz tins from them multiple time when it was in stock last year and kept getting emails that it was out of stock despite their site saying it was In Stock on the site. The cherry on top was when they finally shipped me the BMF after the third attempt it was actually Bayou Morning which is a completely different C&D blend. I get their names are similar but come on.

All that said, I did luck out and have an order affected by their 2016 shipping debacle which contained 2016 and 2017 Christmas Cheer so my cellar will forever be in P&C's debt for the free tins of McClelland. I didn't get 20+ free ones like somebody else mentioned here but I definitely got at least half a dozen free CCs.

I still roll the dice and buy from P&C occasionally but usually I just go to Smoking Pipes. Especially for pipes since they have the pictures of the actual pipe you'll be receiving at Smoking Pipes.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Once I ordered 20 500g boxes of Dark Flake from P&C, and they took the order. When I asked when they would ship, they said, when we get it. In my mind that didn't jive with the hundreds of dollars debit they would make from my account that day to cover the order. To collect that day for an order they couldn't fill and didn't know when they could fill seemed like bad business. I canceled the order and proceeded to regard them from that day forward with the same scorn as many others.

I've considered many times ordering some of Russ' tobacco but never did. It's just not worth dealing with a second-rate organization.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Once I ordered 20 500g boxes of Dark Flake from P&C, and they took the order. When I asked when they would ship, they said, when we get it. In my mind that didn't jive with the hundreds of dollars debit they would make from my account that day to cover the order. To collect that day for an order they couldn't fill and didn't know when they could fill seemed like bad business. I canceled the order and proceeded to regard them from that day forward with the same scorn as many others.

I've considered many times ordering some of Russ' tobacco but never did. It's just not worth dealing with a second-rate organization.
It's funny to see that company come back around in my world. I swore off Cigars International/Cigarbid many moons ago for some very shady business they were involved in. Now that I know who they are (regardless of the title of their website), I'm donezo with ever ordering from them again.

Reactions: BROBS
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA

That shit is criminal..

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.